Heidi grew up in University Place, WA and graduated from University of Washington. She graduated from Ashmead College in Seattle in 2001. Uniquely situated within the YMCA, active and positive people are drawn to her work. She is passionate about massage, health and fitness, and family and friends. After becoming a runner in the last few years, she has definitely caught the bug -- last year she not only completed her first marathon, but her first 50K and became a Marathon Maniac. How does this apply to her massage therapy? She not only receives weekly massages, she has become known as one of the areas premier therapists in working with runners, triathletes, crossfitters, fencers and more. She understands the athlete, whether it is a weekend warrior or an elite Olympic contender. She supports the commitment and the effort it takes to achieve big goals. Through her massage therapy, she becomes part of the team. She is inspired and uplifted by her active clients...and she in turn, hopes to inspire others with her zest for living and her healing touch.
Sports massage: Focused deep tissue work and stretches for maintaining peak athletic performance in your particular sport. It also helps to reduce swelling, increase flexibility and prevent injuries.
- Faster recovery from micro damage and trauma from workouts.
- Increase in flexibility and range of motion.
- Relieve fatigue and rejuvenate.
- Reduces the strain of repetitive motions Reduces the healing time of injuries.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage: Alleviates chronic muscle tension and pain by using slower, deeper techniques that penetrate problem areas.
- This can be especially helpful for athletes who expose their muscles to daily, intensive conditioning.
- Deep tissue massage will noticeably loosen muscles, alleviate pain, and increase mobility – all significant benefits for an athlete.
- However, you don’t have to be an athlete to enjoy the benefits of deep tissue massage.
Swedish Massage: The most recognized style of massage ideal for overall relaxation, improved circulation and release from muscle tension.
Pregnancy Massage: Pregnancy massage is designed to decrease tension and swelling. It will increase circulation and overall relaxation for both pregnant women and those who have just given birth. .